The short answer is to make Nevada a better, and freer place for my children. The long answer is to protect natural rights and individual liberties, fix our broken criminal justice and education systems, and reduce government waste and crony politics.
That is a mouthful, yes. But we have a lot to do to turn this state around. To understand where we’re going, we have to understand where we’ve been.
Our current Governor Steve Sisolak has:
- Abused the emergency powers supposedly granted to him by NRS 414.
- Shut down the state’s economy, destroying businesses (some generational), and setting up Nevada to have the largest unemployment rate in the country
- Refused to open the Nevada Legislature to the public in 2021
- Refused to advocate to end the death penalty
- Signed a bill that increases the state’s minimum wage and hurting businesses
- Signed prevailing wage laws that hyper-inflate taxpayer costs and produce wasteful government spending while not actually protecting workers [link]
- Worked to infringe on second amendment rights by banning bump stocks and has publicly said he will ban assault rifles and silencers
- Has failed to advocate for ending cash bail, qualified immunity, or any true substantive criminal justice reform in our state
- Has consistently bent the knee to public unions and special interest groups
If those aren’t enough reasons to join this fight, I’m not sure what is. Nevada deserves strong leadership, not a soft-on-most-things follower. I will gladly stand up to special interest groups, big money, and corrupt politicians who perpetuate our housing crisis, unemployment rates, and failing education system.
Together we are strong, there is power in numbers.